Early physical activity not only makes children grow healthy and strong, but also can prevent obesity. Encourage your toddler to move on every day. Naturally, toddlers are actively moving but that does not mean you can relax and release hands in paying attention to the needs of the child against the sport. According to research, children tend to become less active with age.
It has to do with the increasingly crowded school lessons. In the end, the child uses more brain, while his physical activity decreases. That is why it is important to introduce the sport from an early age so that this healthy activity can become a lifelong habit.
Many sports benefits for toddlers, including:
- Maximize basic motor skills. At the age of 4-5 years, children have mastered the basic motor skills, such as walking, running, and jumping, though not perfect. In relation to that, toddlers need to exercise to maximize basic motor skills.
- Growing healthy growth. Exercise plays an important role in the growth and development of children. By exercising regularly, your child’s heart and lung fitness will be maintained, your posture and body balance will be good, and your muscles and bones become strong.
- Prevent obesity. Not only sugar-filled and fatty foods, other factors such as the length of school hours, lack of supporting facilities such as playgrounds in residential areas, cool watching TV, playing with computers and playstation, can trigger obesity due to low physical activity. Regular exercise can prevent children from becoming obese.
What is the right kind of sport? Basically, toddlers do not need to do any kind of complicated sport and full of rules. “Toddler age generally can not obey instructions. They tend to be happy to move on their own, “he said. Nora. Therefore, the sport must be packed in a fun game so that the child is willing to be involved. If summarized, there are actually three types of good sports done toddlers for motor skills essentially the maximum.
Three Types of Good Sports
- The first is heart-pulmonary fitness including running, jumping, and swimming. On the weekend, try revealing your intention to take the child to the mall. We recommend bringing children with a healthier recreation, such as swimming. Or play with a child, such as a chase, a blind, throw-catch ball or balloon, jump rope, or rubber jump.
- The second type is exercise for the flexibility of the body so that the child can bend or stretch the muscles well. This can be obtain through gymnastics or dance. If your daughter is interested in dancing, you can put her in a ballet school. You can also create small games at home. For example, look for treasure. In addition to hiding, you can also put ‘treasure’ which is blocked from the castle chair and cardboard. In addition to stimulating the child to move, this game also trains intelligence in solving problems.
- Last is a useful exercise to strengthen bones and muscles, such as climbing. Let children learn to climb stairs, at home or at the playground (of course under your supervision).
In addition to activities that support the optimization of basic motor skills and cognitive, children also need to learn to socialize. Encourage children to play actively outside the home with neighboring children. If there are no peers around the house, you can enroll a child for tutoring (swimming, ballet, or other sports), of course, as long as the child is willing.
Safe Exercising More than just fun, exercise should also be kept safe for the safety of the child awake. To keep the child safe during exercise.
- Use of protector
For example, a bicycle helmet or a swimming tire. Even if your child uses a tricycle or two-wheeled bicycle in addition to training wheel, or swimming in a special swimming pool, these protective equipment are still required to be used to maintain their safety.
You should not be careless while watching a child who is actively moving to prevent the occurrence of things undesirable without your knowledge.
Sun exposure is good for bone growth. However, excessive exposure to UV rays can trigger skin cancer. Take precautions by applying sunscreen when the child is exercising outdoors.
- Doctor consultation
This is important, especially for children with health problems, such as asthma, allergies, or diabetes. Ask your doctor about what you can and should not do, as well as the type of exercise that suits your child.