Geelong Accommodation – 8 Reasons Why Budget Accommodation in Geelong and Surrounds Rocks
Geelong, the Surf Coast, the Bellarine, and the Otways are popular with all kinds of travellers due to their enviable location along the Great Ocean Road. Stunning coastal views, superb gourmet food, a vast array of wineries, sporting facilities to accommodate every age group and nature at its very best have tempted tourists from all walks of life.
However if your walk of life is one on a budget, you should not have to miss out on what this amazing region has to offer. With Great Ocean Road and Geelong accommodation priced from just a few dollars per night, you can visit the region, regardless of your budget by staying in camping grounds, caravan parks, and tourist parks.
The advantages of pitching a tent, towing a caravan or renting a tourist cabin are numerous:
1. Budgets are more easily adhered to as the cost of staying in tourist and caravan parks starts from just a few dollars per night with camping sites often free of charge;
2. Sites are usually well-located with camping sites located in national parks and tourist parks a quick drive away from the centre of town. In towns such as Torquay and Ocean Grove, camping sites, caravan parks and tourist parks are closer to the beach than many other accommodation options;
3. Sites are usually quite peaceful and larger in size;
4. Caravan and tourist parks as well as some camping sites provide water, electricity, and toilets/showers which is very convenient;
5. Most caravan and tourist parks have on-site facilities which can include a cafe or restaurant, swimming pool, laundry facilities, playground or recreation room and a supermarket or kiosk;
6. Caravan and tourist parks provide an excellent base from which to travel around as they provide a place to park your car or caravan without any additional charges;
7. Sites are usually very social and act as a great base to meet people and make friends whilst on holidays; and
8. Sites are very popular with families so there is a good chance there will be children of varying ages within the complex.
If you are a parent, this is possibly the most valuable aspect of camping or caravanning, as it gives you a chance to rest and relax whilst the kids have fun making new friends. If you have a family, one of the best places you can visit along the Great Ocean Road is its gateway city – Geelong. Accommodation choices for travellers on a budget in Geelong and its surrounds are diverse, so you are spoilt for choice. If you want to travel further afield, to explore the rainforest of the Otways, the surf beaches of the Surf Coast, or the wonderful food and wine of the Bellarine, there still remains a great selection of budget accommodation from which to choose.
One thing is certain, no matter where you stay, travelling around Geelong and along the Great Ocean Road will guarantee you a great time!